Registration for the 2021
challenge has closed.
Team up and go green! Participating in the annual Earth Week Challenge is a great way to learn how to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle! There's no better time than now to help improve our local environment and save our planet for future generations. And the best part, it is completely FREE to register.
Challenge tasks are designed to be either free or affordable, and will help you save money in the long run all while working to conserve vital resources. The tasks can aslo be easily integrated into most lifestyles even after the challenge is over. Participants will create teams and earn points for their “green” activities and be entered to win prizes!
When the first ever Earth Week Challenge in 2019, we had more than 50 teams participate totaling over 170 people! For our second year and to celebrate th 50th anniverary of Earth Day, we had 133 teams registered (which is about a 38% increase!) totaling 462 people, over 1,300 submissions, and almost 3,000 total points throughout the entire week! As we move into our third year with this challenge, we are adding new and improved tasks which can be completed by people of all ages, with fun new prizes as well! Being that we are still in the COVID-19 pandemic, most of our tasks can be completed virtually or while social distancing.
How it works:
1. Choose a team- A team can either be a family (Parent(s) + kids) or another group of up to 5 adults. Pick a team name and captain and register! There is no registration fee to participate.
2. Complete tasks- Choose from over 90 challenge tasks to complete! Tasks are divided among 8 categories, such as Getting from Here to There, Reduce the Amount You Leave Behind, Don’t be an Energy Vampire, etc.
3. Earn points- After completing tasks, you could earn up to 1, 3, 5, or 10 points!
4. Show us proof- Take a picture of your team completing tasks and submit your photos online to earn points.
5. Win prizes- Be entered to win prizes packages! Prizes include free composting services, BCR and Triple Play memberships, chamber bucks, gift cards, and more!
*Tasks may be repeated, but you will not receive extra points. Points are only awarded the first time a task is completed.
Once your team is registered, read through the list of challenge tasks to complete! The offical 2021 task list will be released this Friday, April 16th! Submit your completed tasks and pictures throughout the week. All photos of the completed tasks must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on Monday, April 26th.
Winners will be announced the following week, and will be notified when prizes are available for pickup and/or mailed out.
*By participating in this challenge, all team members agree that Beaver Creek Reserve has the right to share photos via BCR social media and for other marketing efforts related to the Earth Week Challenge.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com