Native Plant Sale
Online Store Opens Monday, April 26th at 9:30 AM
Plant Pick-Up will be May 7th & 8th, 2021
This year's sale will be online! The online store will open April 26th and will close on May 5th. Once the store is live, make sure to sign up for a time to pick up your plants at checkout. Plant order pick-up will be at the Wise Nature Center on Friday, May 7th and Saturday, May 8th. Stay tuned for more information!
This is the list of Native Plants that we grow each year in our greenhouse. The list varies from year to year:
**BCR members will receive a 10% discount if they're signed in to their member account. Aren't a member? Become one today! Don't have your account set up? Create one now!
What are native plants?Plants that existed here in North America without human introduction.
Why plant native plants?
- Help conserve water
- Reduce mowing costs
- Provide habitat for wildlife
- Save money on fertilizer and pesticides
- Reduce erosion
About Our Plants
- Some varieties may not bloom the first year but the roots are established.
- Some native plants are slow to emerge in the spring.
- Make sure to leave seed heads for winter interest and to provide food and shelter for wildlife.
- They are adaptable to a variety of environmental conditions
1 Year - started from seed this year.
2 Year - started from seed last year and held over the winter. There is more root development from second year plants!
Established - dug up from gardens at Beaver Creek Reserve or from volunteer's gardens.